The Jacob Frey for Minneapolis Mayor campaign is hiring full time Field Organizers through November 2017 to be based in Minneapolis, MN. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Active in the DFL Party and passionate about progressive values.
- Previous experience working on a candidate or issue based campaign.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly dedicated and detail oriented.
- Willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends
Field Organizers will organize and execute direct voter contact effort. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct Voter Contact via phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, community events, and campaign events.
- Recruit and escalate volunteers through the ladder of engagement.
- Develop and build community coalitions
- Communicate campaign message to voters, volunteers, and community stakeholders
- Submit quantitative and qualitative reports daily and weekly
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Applicants Will:
- Work well on both a team and independently.
- Possess deep connections to the Minneapolis community.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Field Director. Jacob Frey for Minneapolis Mayor is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter, and relevant professional references to Sydney Jordan at email@example.com.
The Jacob Frey for Minneapolis Mayor campaign is hiring campaign fellows to work in our Field, Finance, and/or Communications departments. Jacob Frey is a results-oriented, progressive Democrat who wants to end homelessness within 5 years, raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and make Minneapolis the greenest city in America. This is a great opportunity for students interested in working in politics after graduating to get experience, learn campaign skills, and make valuable connections.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Direct voter contact via phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, community events, and campaign events.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders
- Data entry and management
- Assist with social media and other communications tasks
- Other responsibilities as needed
- A strong commitment to progressive candidates and policy goals
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well on both a team and independently
- Willingness to learn new skills and work hard
Previous campaign experience is welcome but not necessary. Fellows able to work at least 15 hours per week will be provided with a stipend.
Jacob Frey for Minneapolis Mayor is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.